Monday, May 19, 2014

The Big Thaw

Here in the midwest, we experienced a little something called The Polar Vortex. I'm not one to complain about winter (having lived in Michigan my whole life) or cold temperatures (I prefer cool to warm) but this year's was rough, even by my standards. Finally, in mid May, it's time to clean up the landscaping and start tending the gardens. Let me tell you, I LOVE a clean crisp lawn. When it's time again to break out the edger, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Just look at the difference!


I'm surprised how quickly my lawn and garden bounced back once spring finally arrived. Last week it rained and rained, practically every day. My plants and flowers doubled in size and my grass turned a beautiful green. I'm looking forward to tackling the long list of projects we have. You can expect many before and afters to come!



No comments: